The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine announces on the extension of the competition for the selection of candidates for the Identification Committee on Science.
The Identification Committee on Science is formed from domestic and foreign scientists who have significant scientific achievements, an impeccable scientific reputation and trust in the scientific community.
Proposals for candidates for members of the Identification Committee on Science are submitted by Ukrainian and foreign scientific institutions, scientific organizations, public scientific organizations, scientific foundations, as well as international and national science councils.
Self-nomination is not allowed.
Only persons who are doctors on science (doctors on philosophy for foreign scientists) and have experience in leading international projects in the field of science are allowed to participate in the competition.
The proposal for a candidate for the member of the Identification Committee on Science must contain the following information:
1. Official letter from the organization nominating the candidate.
2. Resume (CV), which should include the following information about the candidate:
- full name (in the spelling that corresponds to the identity document), year of birth;
- information about places of work and positions for the last 5 years;
- information about the academic degree obtained (for Ukrainian scientists – the degree of Doctor of Sciences, for foreign scientists – the degree of Doctor of Philosophy or equivalent), indicating the year of acquisition and the name of the organization that awarded the degree;
- information about the experience of managing international projects, indicating the candidate's role (project manager, project co-manager, consortium team leader, etc.), the name of the project and the program under which it was financed, the years of project implementation;
- a list of the candidate's main (no more than 20) scientific publications, or a web link to the candidate's profile in one of the systems ORCID, Scopus, Web of Science, Google Scholar systems, which should contain information about his main scientific publications.
3. Written consent of the nominated candidate to work in the Identification Committee on Science, subject to election to its membership.
4. Written consent of the nominated candidate to the processing of personal data.
5. (for citizens of Ukraine) A copy of a document confirming the level of English language proficiency or information on the availability of at least 5 publications in English that are not translations from Ukrainian or Russian languages.
At the candidate's request, the following documents can be additionally submitted:
- copies of publications, patents, copyright certificates, etc.;
- documents confirming membership in public scientific organizations, international and national scientific councils, academies of sciences, etc.;
- letters of recommendation, other documents confirming the professional level of the candidate and his scientific achievements.
In case of election, the winners of the competition must within 10 days from the date of announcement, must submit additionally the following documents (in electronic form):
1. Copy of an identity document;
2. Copy of the document on obtaining a scientific degree.
The candidate and the subject of nomination are responsible for the authenticity of the documents.
The deadline for submitting proposals is August 20, 2023.
Proposals together with attachments are sent by the subjects of the submission in electronic form to the e-mail of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (E-mail: [email protected], no later than 24:00 the last day of submission of proposals) and in paper form to the address: Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 10 Beresteiskyi Avenue, Kyiv, 01135.
According to the Law of Ukraine "On Scientific and Scientific-Technical Activity", a person who:
- recognized as incompetent or whose legal capacity is limited by a court decision;
- has a criminal record for committing a criminal offense, if such a criminal record has not been expunged or removed in accordance with the procedure established by law;
- deprived of the right to hold relevant positions by a court verdict;
- found guilty of committing a corruption offense by a court decision - within a year from the date of entry into force of the relevant court decision;
- was subject to administrative penalty for an offense related to corruption - within a year from the date of entry into force of the relevant court decision;
- falls under the effect of the third and fourth parts of Article 1 of the Law of Ukraine "On Purification of Power";
- information about which is entered in the Unified State Register of Persons to whom the provisions of the Law of Ukraine "On Purification of Power" are applied.
- is the head of a Ukrainian scientific organization, scientific institution, institution of higher education;
- has a potential or actual conflict of interest with other members of the Identification Committee on Science;
- works in the same scientific institution, association of scientific institutions, subdivision of a higher education institution with other members of the Identification Committee on Science;
- is a close person with other members of the Identification Committee on Science in accordance with the Law of Ukraine "On Prevention of Corruption".